Spicy onion soup with Bergader Smoked Cheese
für 4 Personen
- 450 g thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 strip of untreated lemon peel
- 1 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or more if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped herbs (parsley, basil, dill, chervil, chives, etc.)
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 120 g coarsely grated Bergader Smoked Cheese Chilli-Paprika
Brown the onions in oil slowly on a low heat, add the white wine, allow to simmer and reduce by half before pouring in the stock. Add the bay leaf, lemon peel and garlic, allow them to simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, then remove. Season the soup with salt and Cayenne pepper, then stir in the herbs.
Pour the soup into heat-resistant soup terrines or soup mugs. Add the croutons according to the mug´s size, sprinkle Smoked Cheese on top and bake for about 5 minutes on the lower shelf under the pre-heated oven’s grill until golden brown.